Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Rock Hill is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While US Air Heating and Cooling consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s functionality. cut the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call US Air Heating and Cooling in Rock Hill at 803-220-0761 today.