Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Rock Hill are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the existing filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder and can also impact the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from US Air Heating and Cooling in Rock Hill can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 803-220-0761 and keep cool this summer.