Having regular air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Rock Hill summer, have the specialists at US Air Heating and Cooling complete your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of unlawfully freeing it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We advise taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call US Air Heating and Cooling today at 803-220-0761.