During the cold Rock Hill months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to US Air Heating and Cooling will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call US Air Heating and Cooling right away if you see any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from US Air Heating and Cooling can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call US Air Heating and Cooling at 803-220-0761 or book an appointment with us online.