As spring begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Rock Hill? Especially if your cooling unit is up-to-date or was running good last summer.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to book any maintenance for it, such as changing the oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your system checked annually by a US Air Heating and Cooling specialist can help spot minor problems before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is placed outside, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling an expert to take care of intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up within your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can create elevated energy needs—and a higher utility bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and could even help it last longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity bill and over the long run, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine small problems before they lead to major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely look at components and perform a set of air conditioning performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into extensive troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is set to deliver worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your system is at risk for advanced meltdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC maintenance should involve an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Right Away with US Air Heating and Cooling
Today is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our US Air Heating and Cooling pros a shout at 803-220-0761 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your house, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your upcoming service.