As springtime starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Rock Hill? Particularly if your cooling system is recently purchased or was running well last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a US Air Heating and Cooling specialist can help spot minor issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps find little troubles before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine components and complete a series of AC performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate troubles before they turn into large issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Right Away with US Air Heating and Cooling
This week is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our US Air Heating and Cooling pros a ring at 803-220-0761 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your home, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.