With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could significantly raise your costs and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your US Air Heating and Cooling expert complete air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system working at its best for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify potential issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during colder months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might damage your system and require large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on things like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at US Air Heating and Cooling a call at 803-220-0761.