Whether you appreciate winter or favor the warmer months in Rock Hill, most of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a big impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it must be switched out. We suggest at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – They may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can arrange temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. It’s just one way to be more efficient and help with energy costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring qualified technicians to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The team at US Air Heating and Cooling can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system run more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide more tips on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give US Air Heating and Cooling in Rock Hill a call to begin. You can reach us at 803-220-0761 or arrange an appointment with us online.