Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Rock Hill during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at US Air Heating and Cooling will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call US Air Heating and Cooling at 803-220-0761 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.