Like any product you want to keep in good shape, HVAC equipment requires proper care in order to deliver the best benefits. Trained technicians can service your heating and cooling products to ensure they're working at their maximum potential and help prevent more pricey repairs in the middle of the hottest or coldest months of the year.
Reach out to US Air Heating and Cooling at 803-220-0761 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating allows the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. Approximately 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is left on the low setting, allowing your two-stage unit to run for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also offer more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, better air filtration and energy efficiency.
US Air Heating and Cooling has a variety of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the right fit for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, operating similar to cruise control to make tiny adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. Give us a call at 803-220-0761 to learn more about the technology we carry.
Modern furnaces are developed with a host of innovative features older furnaces don't have. Todays heating systems provide more even heating and are better at governing airflow. Although the air coming out of your vents may seem cooler than your old furnace, the airflow is much better and more efficient.
Another bonus of modern furnaces is their ability to integrate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace work more efficiently and quieter than ever.
The Department of Energy recently increased the minimum efficiency levels for air conditions, and the standards vary by region. Contact US Air Heating and Cooling at 803-220-0761 to find out the requirements for the Rock Hill area.
US Air Heating and Cooling has a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help reduce the amount of energy they require to run. Aside from selecting products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you might consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives routine maintenance by a trained professional can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only certain areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that you don't typically utilize.
- Using a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you want when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on heating and cooling costs.
US Air Heating and Cooling is well-known in the Rock Hill area and you can trust them to provide quality home comfort products. We carry a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to providing customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the best solution for your home.
Improving your home's indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home full of air pollutants floating around. So, to enhance IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least weekly, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is great for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it challenging for airborne pollutants to escape. We carry products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and regular cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and getting rid of particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help prevent particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We suggest that you meet with one of the professionals at US Air Heating and Cooling and have them assess your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you determine which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Lots of homeowners believe that air conditioners make your home cooler, but it actually removes the heat from your house, sending the hot air outside. That hot air goes across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing the hot air outside. This process continues until the indoor temperature reaches the desired level that you set on your thermostat.
Due to the high amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined based on region and carry varying requirements based on your location. US Air Heating and Cooling will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're in the market for a replacement system.
You can find these numbers on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker is white with black letters and have both of these numbers located at the top of the sticker. M/N stands for model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a handful of ways to determine what size system is the best fit for your home, but the most reliable way to determine the right size system is by having your local US Air Heating and Cooling technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a variety of other factors.
Yes, because dirt and other debris can impede your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is not unusual to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also are built with defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in that type of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is in its hottest weeks, the high setting is used, and when its cooler or more mild, the low setting handles the duties.
Most of the time, the lower setting will take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting starts up, you may not realize it because it can maintain such even temperatures for your comfort. This also means a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and improved humidity control.
Your system could be freezing up for a couple of reasons, but the most frequent are dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporator coil and/or a faulty blower motor. Changing a filter is something any homeowner take care of; however, you should call the professionals at US Air Heating and Cooling at 803-220-0761 for other problems or if you have other questions or concerns.
Picking the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot to think through. Thats why its nice to have such a great variety of choices from US Air Heating and Cooling. Whether you're looking for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are a variety of thermostats that you have to select from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the experts at US Air Heating and Cooling will be able to help determine what options meet your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a bit confusing due to their name, but they actually take care of both your heating and cooling needs all year. When its hot outside it runs like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets turned around and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and could produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we think you should also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are created to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other piece as a total system, efficiency may suffer.
- As with a lot of products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These improvements most importantly include greater heating and cooling efficiency, but also include improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old typically need to be replaced. Not only do they have outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than todays models. Adding a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with better comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system may send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You should visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also shows carbon offsets as it happens.
In most locations, rain will naturally clean the solar modules. If you are located in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water can help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to wash solar modules.
The best thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. US Air Heating and Cooling has programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help enhance the efficiency of your HVAC systems. Browse our available products or contact us at 803-220-0761 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a large part of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from US Air Heating and Cooling can help reduce these costs. If you're shopping for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the greater the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, think about these additional factors:
- Is your system consistently maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will run more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Do you need a zoning system? If there are spaces in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Have you installed a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may lower your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning systems give you the opportunity to divide areas of your house and control the thermostat differently in each part of your home. Zoning equipment is ideal for when you have spaces of your residence that are seldom used or when you and your family are often in disagreement of how hot or cold it ought to be inside. Zoning systems are quiet and efficient, enabling you to have more control over the comfort of your family home. Learn more about the equipment available from US Air Heating and Cooling.